Solar Panels

airgead07

Evacuated Tube or Flat plate panels?

Does anyone have any opinions/experience of which is better in terms of cost/ suitable to cloudier Irish climate/ maintenance/ longevity etc?

Any recommendations on good company to purchase and install?

Thanks

Why aren't you allowed to post the URL?

If its a business you are in read Item 6

For posting links refer to Items 17 and 18.

Read the Posting Guidelines again, perhaps - relevant URLs with explanatory comments are allowed.

ONQ.

New posters have to have a minimum number of posts (10 I think) before they can post live urls .... all to do with combating the spammers.

His report is 40 pages.

Does he recommend it or not? (save me reading it all).

His report is 40 pages.

Does he recommend it or not? (save me reading it all).

I'm sorry but that has to be the laziest comment i have ever read :) No offence meant but are you actually asking other people to read a 5 page document and then summarise it to give you a YES/NO answer?

If i was to say 'YES' for instance - would you then act on that or would you feel the need to read the article anyway?

FYI...The article is 5 pages long but has page numbers from 36-40.

Interesting reading for me: with 3 panels and 300 litre tank - yet to move in to my house - but was all excited about my 57 degrees heat most evenings. Ah well - the novelty factor is worth the 5k :)

So thats Air to Water, Geothermal, Wood Pellet and Solar that are far from perfect in their operation and efficiency at the moment. I suppose its only to be expected that these things take time to mature.

With money-no-object I suppose a combination of these would be a good option. Air to Water seems to work but needs electricity so if in 10 years time, the cost of home windturbines come down, a system with air-to-water powered by a wind turbine - in combination with solar might be suitable for the irish climate.

Then again - i could have knocked 500 sq ft off my house and done it now. The constant question of payback vs oil needs to be forgotten about in my opinion.

Back