Solar panels with NIBE heat pump.

hayabusa

Folks,
Getting ready to build a 3500 dormer solid block with hollow core floors.
I am installing a NIBE GSHP. However I am also looking at adding in solar panels for constant hot water.
I have been looking at a few solar panels and from what i can gather there is quite a variation as to how they work.
Firstly you have the fancy ones that look like tinted V/lux windows, and then the ugly one with exposed pipes or collectors. The ugly ones are suppose to be the best.
Then you have the evacuated type (whatever this means).
There is also a vacuum type also.
Anyone with any knowledge of these systems, also which is the best type to use. I know that i will use a NIBE heat pump, and then have to use a VPA hot water storage tank, (or is it a VPAS, because I want to connect to solar)
I would like information from anyone running a NIBE heat pump with solar panels.
You help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks Patrick X.
However I should have clarified. I am not looking for a power solar panel, I am looking for one to heat domestic hot water. I think, from looking at that site it is all power solar panels.

Alyone else with input.

Thanks

On the financial side, putting Solar panels up when you have installed a Geothermal Heatpump, is a waste of money as you'll probably not see much (if any) savings as far as I can tell. Even though I'm also thinking that using solar panels will mean the heatpump is used less therefore the longer it's life span would be.

That said, obviously environmentally you will be doing the right thing. I am considering getting some this summer to add to my Nibe HP and VPA Cylinder for these reasons.

Surely your installer is the best person to give you advice on this?