Solar panel set up recomendation

1eyeonthefuture

Friend had a contractor in and he recommended the following set up.
She's on a farm so has the agri building to take the volume of panels.
Wondering if anything jumps out at anyone.

40 panels 1.7x1.0
330 Watt
2 no 6kw inverters
4 no 3.5kw batteries
Regulator switch

€22K plus VAT

12.5 KW Generated
Annual consumption circa 9KW

Does this sound ok?

Thanks

Last edited:
What's the cost, what's the expected kWh to be generated, how much electricity they currently use,

Cant comment without the important figures, and if provided I'm sure others can comment, or check on boards.ie renewable energy forum.

What's the cost, what's the expected kWh to be generated, how much electricity they currently use,

Cant comment without the important figures, and if provided I'm sure others can comment, or check on boards.ie renewable energy forum.
22k plus vat
12.5 kW generated
Annual consption at circa 9 KW

Presumably, that is 9,000 kWh per annum not 9KW (a watt is an measure of power, a watt-hour is a measure of energy)

Last edited:
I’m also looking into installing solar panels on our 7,500 sq ft shed roof under the SEAI’s Micro Generation Support Scheme announced on 21 Dec 2021. That would be about 700 sq metres of space given the modest tilt to the roof etc. Would anybody be able to provide a rough cost for that or any thoughts on that new scheme ?

Is this the scheme under which your “Friend” is installing their panels ?

apologies, I know next to nothing about the subject. have just updated

Back