Solar panel recommendations

rebelden

Hello folks would like some recommendations on solar panels (flat plate on roof)available on the Irish market like firebird, kingspan etc. Which would you consider to be the best?

Have a peep here as the different issues have been thrashed out pretty much, even the Heil Test

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=160268

That thread doesn't refer to flatplate which I think is what the poster wanted info on.

Most flatplate systems have a similar level of efficiency. You can only judge a panel by its test certificate (EN12975) You are looking for a high zero loss efficiency, and a low heat loss coefficient.

I would also generally prefer to go for roof integrated panels as they have a far better wind load. To my mind, putting 6 M2 of flatplates one inch off your roof is asking for trouble in any exposed area.

[FONT=&quot]Hello,
I am a plumber and I just registered here today, I couldn't find an introduction section on in the boards, so I might as well say hello here.
We are plumbers in limerick working in plumbing for over 30 years.
I know a fair bit about solar, but I will stick to giving you just one piece of information.
Solar flat plates are tried and tested, and in use since the 1950's, a lot of plumbers agree that they will last longer than evacuated vacuum tubes, in terms of life span.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have to say in reference to the above post, as a rule flat plate collectors are generally not as efficient in winter months.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In saying that there are pro’s and con’s to both, but ‘almost’ always the tubes collect more heat in the winter.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hope this helps![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sean Moore.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]