Solar Garden Lights

MandaC

I remember a friend who worked on landscaping/decking telling me that these solar lights were useless. Now, that was ages ago, does anyone know if they have come on at all, and recommend any good brands. Have just done my back garden and some lighting would finish it off!

I got some about 3 years ago and yes, they are useless. They add some atmosphere but are next to useless if you actually want to see where you are going. Don't know if they've improved over the years though - would also be interested to hear. If doing it again, I'd run a cable outside and get proper lights myself.

Sprite

I got some in Woodies a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember the brand but they were around twenty euro for two. They're quite bright and the light is more white than yellow. I'd recommend them anyway.

Having gone through a number of different varieties of solar ones I'd consider them mainly as an "effect item", certainly not something I'd rely on for lighting the way in the dark.

I've had them, 50 quid for six or something, lit up the drive way nicely for a couple of weeks (atmospheric only) and then dimmed to nothing. I finally got around to trashing them last weekend. My lot use headlamps if they need to be out in the dark.

Just as I thought, still useless, I really only want them for atmosphere, too late now to dig a cable.

thanks all.

Back