solar gain a viable option?

35x

i was wondering could someone give me sound advice,we have a large kitchen/ diner and like the idea of glazing on the back wall.the room will be 6.5mtrs wide by 8.8mtrs long .The back of the house is south facing with about a 20 deg tilt to the east.we didnt have much idea of solar gain etc when plans where done but the thinking was to catch some morning sun to the kitchen and some late evening sun on the front of the house at this time of year (all be it not so much).the kitchen area will be to the back (south/east direction) and the dining area to the north end of the room.
north side will have 2 1200mm by 1400mm windows and we're conidering putting in 4 800mm bi-fold doors to the south/east.
house insulation levels will be very high with i'm hoping very good airtightness,the question is will the bi-fold doors if using good quality doors be more of a heat gain or a heat loser. i would plan to combat over heating with something like a pergola but does the 20deg twist to the east leave solar gain not a good option with the size of glazing i'm talking about.
hope someone understands my rant!

Back