Software for putting laptop on tv to play poker

kingspoofer

I play alot of online poker on my laptop but my eyes get really sore after playing on it been too close to the laptop all the time as a tournament might go on for 4/5 hours.Is there something I can put my laptop through my TV and have a mouse and keyboard or remote control to raise/fold /check baiscally to control my actions?Any help or advice would be great.

Your laptop probly has a video out cable to connect to monitors. Most likely it's vga, but many modern laptops have hdmi. If your tv has the same connection you're sorted, you just need the cable. Then a wireless keyboard and mouse will allow you to control it from the sofa.

Have a look at your laptop and tv and let us know what connections you have.

All you need is a cable - the type of cable / connector(s) depend on the ports (sockets) you have on your TV and laptop. Do a search, there are already several threads about this topic.

not sure that a telly will help, perhaps just turn down the brightness on the laptop screen a little?

For a tube tv you will need to check if you laptop can support a "s-video" cable.

Any pc shop will carry them if it does.

However less and less laptops have these are the newer ones support the more fancy connections of LCD/Plasma/Led tvs.

Back