Software for clearing browser cookies/history?

Sn@kebite

Can anyone give me any links to downloads, tips, or advice for this?
My brouser seems to have slowed down conciderably. A friend said to clear my history & cookies.
Whould this work?

Thanks

Edit: I'm using Opera btw.

Re: Software for clearing brouser cookies/history?

Try Crap Cleaner at ccleaner.com. Clears history, cookies, temp files and lots more.

Or maybe use Sandboxie.

[broken link removed]

Can anyone give me any links to downloads, tips, or advice for this?
My brouser seems to have slowed down conciderably. A friend said to clear my history & cookies.
Whould this work?
Maybe - but the slowdown could be due to lots of other possibilities including virus/malware infection.

Try Crap Cleaner at ccleaner.com. Clears history, cookies, temp files and lots more.

hmmm, Sounds a bit spurious... 'ave you tried it yourself?
Anyway, i'll give it a whirl.

Not spurious at all - it does exactly what it says on the tin and is also recommended by Gizmo Richards here which is usually a good sign:

[broken link removed]

I think they officially call it CCleaner these days to avoid offending those of a sensitive disposition.

It does doesn't it! Use it all the time though. I always run it before I switch off the pc. Yeah, like Clubman says I think its known as ccleaner now.

Read the instructions carefully, so you don't end up deleting, ehm, 'C' that you might later find you need. The default settings are pretty safe.

It's quite a powerful little tool; you can also use it to uninstall programs you no longer need and, under 'Issues', to get rid of unnecessary/redundant entries in your Windows registry. Uninstalled trial versions of software are notorious for leaving leftover entries there and elsewhere (to prevent you from running a second trial of the program), and CCleaner will happily get rid of all those, too, after reminding you to back up the registry first.

I wish there was a version for garden sheds...

But as ClubMan has suggested, run a good AV program and a spyware/malware checker too. You'll find plenty of suitable ones at that website he linked to.