sofas from argos

denise1234

Hi, I'm just wondering has anyone bought a sofa from argos and if so what would your opinion on them be? Can't find one i was looking at on their website at the moment but was in there the other day and saw poster advertising buy large sofa get regular one free. looked grand but very hard to judge from a picture!!
i'm just looking for something basic enough for kitchen/ family room. won't get lots of use so don't want to spend a fortune. is there anywhere else i cold try? thinking of a 3 and 2 piece/

Thanks!!

Yep, bought a leather one sounds similar to the one you are looking at but it was tiny and very low on the back so your head hung out over the back of it. I asked them to take it back the day they delivered it and I knew it was not anything like what it looked like in the catalogue but they said they couldn't I had to go through the return system, all said and done it took over 2 weeks for them to come and collect it, 2 weeks of trying to stop the kids climbing over it. Have bought nothing or would not consider buying anything again without seeing it as the measurements were completely different to what was in the book. I also know someone who bought a different one from Argos and are thrilled with it so it can work both ways.

Personally I wouldn't buy a couch without sitting on it, you just don't know if it will be comfortable or not.

Ruam

I know someone who bought furniture from them a few years ago including sofa and chair. He contacted them and got access to their warehouse to try out the various sofas. Don't know if they still offer the same option.

Back