Sofas from Argos

D

daijenks

Offer of 3 seater leather sofa with free 2 seater for 899 euro.

Obviously you can't look at the product with Argos (or are there any showroom type stores?) so has anyone bought an argos sofa before and what is the quality and wear like on them?

thanks
daijenks

For what it's worth, even home delivery items fall under the Argos 16 (?) day no-quibble money back offer so if you don't like it you can simply send it back. Certainly more hassle than reviewing the goods in store before purchase but worth bearing in mind.

The sofas in the apt I rent are Argos and mighty comfy they are too! Also look the part which is good.

Make sure to check the catalogue descriptions - some of the couches are for "occasional" use while others are for day to day use. Of the couch will get a lot of use or wear and tear then make sure to choose one for the job!

simply send it back...
On very large items like this, does anyone happen to know if — in the case of a return from outside Dublin — they refund the €31.50 delivery charge as well as the price of the item itself? The catalogue doesn't make this clear...

It strikes me they could be leaving themselves open to some very costly 'quibble-free' returns at the hands of the vexatiously indecisive!

I wouldn't recommend buying anything large from Argos. My experience with this company was a total nightmare. It was three months before I received my purchased order and even then the quality was questionable. I order beds with storage and the metal rung for the drawers was broken when I opened any of these.
The delivery dates and times suit the company themselves and not the customer. If like me you have nobody at home then you are in trouble. They give a delivery time from 7.30am to 6pm and cannot give any more accurate timing. This is only in the case of Ireland where DHL look after the delivery of items for Argos. They guarantee a phone call one hour prior to delivery but on three occasions of waiting around for them I did not receive this phone call.
When you call their customer service you are put through to a department in the UK and can spend over an hour trying to talk to one person who will listen to your concerns rather than fob you off. Incidently the freephone number cannot be reached via mobile so if you have no landline you will need to find a public phone.
My rant could go on but I think you get the jist.

My next door neighbour has two leather 2-seaters bought from Argos. She's had them for 3+ years now and they still look great - very comfy too.