sofabed

R

rodger

Just bought new studio apartment abroad which will be rented out.
It's 30 square metres with a single large room (including kitchen)
There's a separate bathroom

I am wondering if a sofabed is a good idea?

I'm kinda against the idea because I think
1. it's uncomfortable to sleep on
2. the chances of anyone ever folding it away are slim

Anyone any ideas?

Hi there,
We moved to a larger house last year and bought a sofa bed - as we have large families that stay over at xmass. They are great, and comfortable - I spent a drunken night in it!! Sitting on it is also very comfortable...

I lived in a studio with a sofa bed for 2 years. I think I folded it once in all that time. Too much hassle removing bedclothes every day! I can't even make a bed on a daily basis...

If it's possible I'd get a regular bed and try to screen it off from the rest of the room while having one/two easy chairs for sitting on.

Hi Pinkybear,

Do you mind me asking where you got your sofabed? I'm interested in getting one, but have also heard they are uncomfortable so you have to be careful. We need it for people visiting, don't want them to be uncomfortable if they are staying for a few nights! Also a leather one would be great.

Hi there
Do you mind me asking where you got your sofabed? I'm interested in getting one, but have also heard they are uncomfortable so you have to be careful.

I had been scouting for a while and got it in a furniture shop in Talbot street, I paid about €800 for it in the sale, my buget was €1000. I looked for a while as I had very definate ideas of what I liked, wanted something really comfortable to sit on and that looked like a regular couch.

I can recomend them, it is actually more comfortable than our regular leather couch!!

Back