Sofa / Furniture Shop

sue m

I recently saw an add for a new sofa outlet either on the long mile road or the naas but cant remember where it is. Does anybody have any ideas?

Cost Plus Sofas opened along the longmile road a few weeks ago. It is a big building painted in pink! You can't miss it on the right hand side as you head up towards the Naas Road.

In the process of dealing with a very overdue contract. Will let you know if the management deal with it adequately.

Bought a sofa there at xmas, was told it would take approx 10 weeks, was still waiting 18-20 weeks on, house wasn't ready so it was grand but didnt tell them. Drove to the Mullingar shop and was told that they were very sorry and ended up getting a better quality sofa for the same price. Very nice people I must admit.

But to be honest they are all the same. My girlfriend went into another large outlet and was told 18 weeks leadtime and even then they couldn't guarentee xmas delivery. Went to a smaller shop instead, sofa delievered in 4 days, 150 dearer but free delivery (€79 with the large shop) very happy

We visited Dolphin Furniture on the Kylemore Road -initially I wasn't sure about the style of the furniture but they have a large number of fabrix books, will cover any style sofa in any fabric AND it all took only 3 weeks to be delivered....AND best part.......3-1-1 cost only 900 lids!! Happy as a pig in the proverbial!

I am also in the process of dealing with Cost Plus Sofas on a very long overdue account. Bought a sofa from them 20 weeks ago, and was told 8-10 weeks for delivery.

Chased them continually from week 11 to 16 for delivery. Delivery finally arrived in week 16, but minus one of the armchairs. Still chasing them for the additional armchair.

I am getting extremely frustrated dealing with them and it has been a totally unpleasant experience. They seem to have a complete inability to return phonecalls, and have treated me as an inconvenience rather than a customer.

Am about to cancel my order with them and ask for all my money back (they can take back what they have delivered to me so far).

I would not recommend buying anything from this company!

I had similar problem 21 weeks waiting on Sofas. As we are new house owners we were very put out, with no where to sit (comfortably!!).

Like the above customer, we had to ring, continuously, to find out about delays. No calls returned! A cat and mouse scenaria!

We eventually were told that we would have another long wait after the 10 weeks were up. They did not offer anything for the inconvenience. So I suggested they give us a sofa, until our one turned up. They agreed!
I would have preferred if they offered, but hey....

We eventually got the sofa, 21 weeks later - not the agreed 8-10 wks!

I have to agree with many of the other posters: Cost Plus Sofas are rubbish.

I was waiting 22 weeks for sofas, which I was told would arrive within 8-10 weeks.

I cancelled the order at that point, as it was just ridiculous. I am still waiting 2 weeks to get my deposit back.

The managers seem essentially unwilling to take my phonecalls, and are not returning any calls.

Very unprofessional.

Avoid.

My sister bought something from them a month ago and they delivered a week after. Think they may have listened and smartened up their act!

Back