Soda water in glass bottles

Thirsty

The only 'soft' drink I take is Soda Water which mostly comes in plastic bottles.

I'm doing my best to switch to buying products in glass where available but this one is proving tricky.

Is the 'soda stream' any use, or is that equally problematic from an environmental point of view?

Soda stream would be a good alternative IMHO. It is just carbonated water. You are using glass bottles, and the sodastream gas cartridge is recyclable. I just gave a similar cartridge back to CH Marine as they accept them back for recycling when buying a new one (for a lifevest).

You should save a few bob as well, rather than buying soda water.

And if you wish, if you can buy spring/still water in glass bottles and carbonate that, it might taste better/to your liking.

Soda stream would be a good alternative IMHO. It is just carbonated water. You are using glass bottles,
The more recent Soda Stream packs use hard plastic bottles. Useable and reusable for about two years. I think they're great. I filter my tap water using Britta and then carbonate it with Soda Stream. Not sure I'm saving much money, but definitely have cut down on the plastic going back into the environment.

The more recent Soda Stream packs use hard plastic bottles.
Could I use regular glass bottles or do you have to use the supplied ones?

Agree re cost - supermarket soda water is something like 25c a litre. It's the plastic bottles that bother me.

Could I use regular glass bottles or do you have to use the supplied ones?

Agree re cost - supermarket soda water is something like 25c a litre. It's the plastic bottles that bother me.
You'd have to use the supplied ones as they're the only ones that screw into the Soda machine

Some boycott Sodastream due to their history of operating in the occupied territories.

This is an interesting turn of events! Are we going to compile a list of questionable companies? Why focus on an Israeli one when there are so many Chinese ones to choose from?

Which other ones are mentioned in this thread? I must have missed them.
Don't be smart. You describe yourself as a moderator. I have a genuine question: will you be monitoring and criticising companies from China when they are mentioned? Is there a policy on same or is it your own view?

I have a genuine question: will you be monitoring and criticising companies from China when they are mentioned? Is there a policy on same or is it your own view?

Perhaps you should start a new thread, I'd be interested in hearing about companies operating in territories that China is considered to be occupying under international law, but that is off-topic here.

The Range also sells and exchanges gas cylinders for SodaStream. We use it a lot, again with hard plastic bottles but we buy way less plastic fizzy water. Really missed it during shutdown, driving to the Range was not essential for me, but we are back in full flow again. It may not save money but hopefully helps the environment a little.

Back