Soccer result - one happy AAM'er at least!

Jock04

Probably not the best day to go crowing about soccer results, but I couldn't let this go unmentioned:
France 0 Scotland 1

with a goal fit to win any match.

Smiles & moves on........

Probably not the best day to go crowing about soccer results, but I couldn't let this go unmentioned:
France 0 Scotland 1

with a goal fit to win any match.

Smiles & moves on........

Yes, well done 'our Scottish cousins' (as the pundits seem to love saying).

Nice one! I suppose the natural thing for the rest of us now is to support Scotland.

Well, based on the 'cousins' reference and that I suppose they might actually get somewhere whereas Ireland probably won't? Do supporters not usually rally behind another country when their own is eliminated?

Anyway, I don't actually give a toss about football - it was just a throwaway comment.

As soccer fans ye might have been listening to the soccer show as part of the Off the Ball programme on Newstalk - it seemed either absolutely every text said "nice one" or the reader proclaimed its validity by saying "nice one" .... after every text

So anyway, tell us, did it make you feel as good as when Archie Gemmel scored (Trainspotting related in-joke ).

So anyway, tell us, did it make you feel as good as when Archie Gemmel scored (Trainspotting related in-joke ).

Hah Betty - NOTHING compares to that feeling! (Allegedly! )

Actually, I remember that day/moment soooo vividly. Magical.

Course, Ally McLeod was saying how well we would do in that tournament, so it was guaranteed we'd get stuffed!

That goal...

Last saturday I did a trixie on Scotland, Engerland and Holland at around evens. If I had stuck to the same three teams last night would have got around 6/7 to 1.