Soccer = corruption as long as replay can't be officially used

You're right (or we're both wrong). From what I remeber they tended to saunter around the left hand side of the penalty box. It was always the left so they wouldn't be in the way of the referee's assistant. Well that's the rationale I came up with anyway.

The ideal placement for them is at the corner flag on the opposite side of the pitch to the referee's assistant. That way they are in a position to rule on the goal line and end line and also on sideline throw ins/ball out of bounds in their half of the pitch that may be too far away from the linesman who cannot cross half way. These are also blind spots for fouls, particularly off the ball fouls due to the distance away from the referee's assistants (other sideline or other half). Best position all round. Cant understand why FIFA never considered the positioning logically.

This is my husbands idea to encourage more goals

You get a point if you score whether you win or loose so......

You get 4 points for a win
1 point if you loose but score
2 points each for a score draw
1 point for a goal-less draw
0 if you loose without scoring

Any views??

A case for goal line technology in GAA?
[broken link removed]

Case for prision sentences for those scumbags who touched the referee I would have thought. If that had happened at a soccer match, there would be calls for the sport to be banned. Shameful scenes and the worst part is that this is not a once off. Happens at club level every week. Why someone would be a referee is beyond me.

I feel sorry for the Louth players as they were robbed but they should be kicked out of the championship for the behaviour of the fans, never mind be given a replay.

+ Sunny. A rule has to be brought in whereby a team will be thrown out of the competition if their fans attack a match official.

The scenes yesterday were very ugly and jail sentences must be handed down. Surely we have a law in the country after what happened in '95 with England?

I also think that the stewarding and policing of yesterday's game was very poor. The Gardai took a long time to get to the ref and the stewards didn't appear to know what was going on or what to do.

Now contrast that with how this idiot was dealt with last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYFJc3x_h84

Last edited:
There's no denying FIFA are idiots but that is an aside. The stewards in that particular stadium dealt with the culprit swiftly and decisively. We need more of that at Croke park. My only issue with it is that they then brought him down the tunnel where the players were waiting.