snooker / pool table where?

Abbica

Hi, looking for perhaps a snooker table for my husbands 30th but have no idea where to look for one or how much they cost. We live in Louth. Will go anywhere that delivers. I know he would love one as he is mad for the games rooms and all that jazz. Is there a table you can get that is in between the size of a snooker and pool. Our room is a good size, it has a bay window and would fit in two single beds with dressers, etc., nicely but I would think a snooker table would be two big for the cue and all? Would anyone know how much or what type or size or where to start? Thanks

As you're in Louth, there was a place out the old Newry road from Dundalk, just north of the Ballymascanlon roundabout on the left that did snooker/pool tables for years. It just looks like a normal bungalow with a large yard - don't know if it still exists.

Have a look at the products section in lyric to get an idea of what's available, prices and recommended room sizes. Never dealt with them personally.

Hi Abbica

Lyric is indeed a good place to start.
If you're sure the room you have is too small for a full size table, maybe a 9 foot would be OK? Think they start at around €2300 or so.

Lyric usually have a few reconditioned tables for sale too.

(I have no connection to them)

Thanks for the help, I will check out Lyric then, god, probably have to buy all the snooker balls, triangle and ques as well, going to be expensive!!

We got an excellent snooker table in Rileys, Marlborough Street Dublin - paid €2500 with everything included lights, accessories, score boards etc - 3 quarter size snooker table. The fit countrywide and the service was brilliant. O/H is snooker fanatic and would only have a Riley table. Can strongly recommend them. He also threw in a good set of pool balls for free. We are not a million miles from Louth - takes about 5 hours to fit the table.

Ps I have no connection to Rileys - I was just very impressed with the quality.

Thanks for that, sounds perfect. I will measure the room and go over and pay Rileys a visit.