Snails on tarmac driveway

pator

Anybody why I wouyld have a large amount of snails on my tarmac driveway ? Also any good way to move them on ?

Thanks

You could try nandrolone or something along those lines. I think a company called Balco sells it.

They like the rain.

I bet you have a hedge around your garden...a haven for the little buggers!!

I can sympathise with people using salt to kill slugs, but snails ? They've got nice dry shells, spend 5 minutes picking them up and putting them in a plastic bag, then walk / drive to the nearest park and let them loose, preferably near leafy hedges/undergrowth. That way everybody's happy.

I don't think they're an endangered species. Killing some is hardly a problem? And why do you think it's OK to kill slugs but not snails? You can pick the former up easily enough too....

You could try nandrolone or something along those lines. I think a company called Balco sells it.

They like the rain.
Em, I thought that nandralone was a performance enhancing drug. You want the snails to move faster?!

I bet you have a hedge around your garden...a haven for the little buggers!!

Clematis, by any chance?

Beer attracts and kills snails. Sink a container in the ground, half fill it with beer. Use Kellys or any of the LiAldi brands, ie cheap.
The result stinks like hell though, like bad sewerage.

Alternately, you could eat them. Pick them by hand, place them in a plastic barrel with lettuce, and leave them for about a week. Cover the barrel with a gauze or some breathable covering. The week of eating the lettuce will purge any undesirable items from the body.

Then cooks as normal, eg steam in a pan of white wine/water mix.

Not sure about damage to tarmac but can find out!
Anymore on this - will it affect the tarmac

Couldn't figure out how to use more than one quote but

- Maybe I am missing something these have no shells jut like ones you would come across when digging soil.

- no hedges etc, driveway, lawn to the side, could a small window box now on the ground cause so many?

-Neighbours prob think I am gone mad but doesn't seem to be problem on their driveways

If they have no shells they are slugs.

Maybe neighbours have anti-slug stuff down, hence your "plague" of slugs.

Two guys drinking in the park, one hands the other a bottle and says, "Here, take a slug out of this".

Hi, all I would say is don't use salt. I know some people will say they are only slugs or whatever but it has to be the cruelest way to kill them, may as well pour acid on them if you do that. Just pick them up with a shovel, dispose of them in somewhere and then put down some pest repellent you would get in any hardware store and they won't go back on the tarmac then.

Salt them ... and I never heard of salt damaging tarmac. What's it doing to our insides if so?

They, unlike tarmac are living organisms. I don't know why it is but it is something to do with there mucus and it burns them. We, unlike slugs, salt doesn't affect. Bottom line is, try a different method.