Snagging A New House Without An Electricity Supply

lukeskywalker

I am buying a house in new estate of 80 houses . There have been long delays in building the house and I am v anxious to move in asap for a whole host of pressing reasons. Whilst the house is ready for snagging by an architect, there will be no electricity supply for a few weeks(fault lies with eirgrid apparently). Whilst I am not suggesting closing on the house sale without an electricity supply, I am thinking of getting the house professionally snagged by an architect at this stage. My current view is that I can check the lights / alarm / Heating & rads / appliances myself prior to final closing. Holding off until there is electricity will delay occupancy by 3 weeks, which is quite a problem for me . Any views ?

Could you run the house of an AC generator for the day? The builder might have a few knocking around.

An architect will be able to carry out the vast majority of their survey without there being an electrical supply. They're not going to be testing the electrical system or appliances...

Just make sure they're aware in advance.