Snag list before everything hooked up?

househunter0

Hi all

My boyfriend and I have bought a new build in an estate and the site foreman has told us to organise our snag list now. However, the electricity, gas and water are not yet hooked up and the foreman has said that his boss will not have any of these hooked up until the snag list is complete and all final monies are transferred over to him.

Now, I have already contacted an engineer and mentioned to him about these things not being hooked up yet and, as I expected, he said that they should definitely be sorted before he does the snag list. I mentioned this fact to the foreman and he said that that's how his boss does things and there is no way he will hook anything up until he has gotten his money. I got the number of the boss off the foreman but I was just wondering if anyone else was in this predicament at any stage and basically tell me how far can I push the builder on this one?

Thanks...

A lot of sites wont have the Gas or ESB hooked up for the first snag list inspection, but would have it turned on for the second. So the foreman is being completely un-resonable.

Some sites wont connect the house but expect you to do it, so maybe another option would be to get the site codes from the builder and get them both connected yourself - simply ring both companies quote the necessary reference numbers, and they will start getting everything organised.

If not talk to your solicitor and talk to your engineer who is carrying out the snag.

Kind Regard

Fintan
www.HomeSnag.ie

Thanks for the advice everyone. I am going to give my solicitor a call this morning and then ring the builder himself. Will let ye know how I get on.