SMS inbox too small - Nokia 6230i

Hibernicatio

I have recently bought a Nokia 6230i but the fact the the message inbox only holds around ten to twelve messages in a real pain. Does anyone else have this problem and is it possible to expand the memory somehow.

Thanks

H

Are you sure it's only the inbox that's using up the memory? If you keep your Sent Items/Drafts cleared, you will have more memory for your Inbox messages.

Doesn't seem right. My gf has just got one and has had at least 10 messages in the inbox.

Have you got MP3s or pics on the phone? You could buy an extra MMC card if you are running out of space.

Thats weird.
I have the same phone and the inbox says 102 messages.including 6 photos that were sent to me.

D

Hibernicatio said:
I have recently bought a Nokia 6230i but the fact the the message inbox only holds around ten to twelve messages in a real pain. Does anyone else have this problem and is it possible to expand the memory somehow.

Thanks

H

According to this, it stores the following:

SMS messages: Up to 150 maximum-size text messages in addition to SIM card inbox messages

Having said that, 12 messages sounds like it is storing the SMS messages on the SIM card and you have a very old SIM card.

Is there a menu option to store SMS on Phone Memory versus SIM memory, perhaps?

One more thought:

According to the , it has 32MB of dynamic memory which is shared across phone book, messages, photos, ringtones, Java games etc. etc. So, it is possible that you have completely filled up the memory, in which case you should move files to the memory card and perhaps consider buying a bigger memory card.

Thanks for the replies. Dont have very much saved on phone but will start deleting as much as I can from other folders, hopefully it works.

Thanks

H

Did you upgrade your SIM card when you upgraded your phone? I remember the last time I upgraded my Dad's phone the girl in the shop said I could pop in within the next month to upgrade his SIM card. I have a 6230 and it holds well over 100 messages before I get a warning that my mailbox is full.

ribena said:
Did you upgrade your SIM card when you upgraded your phone? I remember the last time I upgraded my Dad's phone the girl in the shop said I could pop in within the next month to upgrade his SIM card. I have a 6230 and it holds well over 100 messages before I get a warning that my mailbox is full.

Vodafone used to upgrade your SIM for free, but now they seem to charge you €20 on your bill, especially if you have upgraded the SIM before. However, usually, if you ring them and point out that the SIM was quite old, they will refund the charge.

Hi Guys,

You will need to upgrade you SIM card in order to allow you to store more than 12 SMS in your Messages inbox. The SIM you are currently using is probably retty old, so an upgrade will solve your problem. Just call into your operators nearest phone shop to orgasnise one.

Also i noted on my own 6230i that it defaults to 'save sent messages'. Naturally this can fill up pretty quickly leaving me wondering why i was running into the mailbox full message so quickly! Easy to change though or periodically empty it.

Back