Smoking on The Oscar Wild Ferry

S

Stephenkelly

Hi all,

I am off to France on Saturday and both myself and miss Kelly are smokers. I could normally last 24 hours but I will be in Holiday mode and will no doubt have a few drinks therefore require a cigarette. My OH will reqire a hit every few hours. Can you smoking area on the ferry or?

Thanks in advance.

SK

On all the ferries between here and the UK there is a small outdoor section at the back where smokers can puff their stuff.

I don't know about the French ferries but would imagine there is something similar.

There is a section outside to have your fix. What I use to do on long journeys was to have the nicotine patches at the ready, where it was not permitted to light up.

Sorry to hijack your post SK, but I was wondering if you could report back (when you return from your trip) or if other users knew, if there is a reading room on the Oscar Wild Ferry. There used to be one on the Normandy, and it was a lovely quite place to sit and enjoy a drink and a read.

Thanks in advance
Wollran

The ferry is called THE OSCAR WILDE,

Smoking outside on the open deck.

Reading area.....
The Merrion Lounge

The Merrion Lounge is the ideal spot to enjoy panoramic sea views while sipping your favorite drink, reading a book, chatting or just sitting back to enjoy the journey.
Named after the fashionable Wilde family residence at No.1 Merrion Square in Dublin, the lounge maintains an atmosphere of calm and relaxed elegance.

Back