smell from megane engine

mpob

recently bought a 96 megane with 19k on clock form dealer. Very happy woth it. But there is smell in car from engine. At first I though it was dust burning off engine as car not driven for while. But know also getting some smoke at times as well. Coolant level not in red, bout midway all the time on dial. Is this the problem if so what to do. Bit of a non mechanic.

Re: small from megane engine

A 1996 Megane with only 19k!! Does it have a full service history. When did you buy it, and did you get a warranty from the dealer. If so, bring it straight back to him and see what he can do.

Other than that I'm no mechanic myself so apologies but can't offer any advice on what the problem might be.

An 11 year old car with 19K on the clock does sound a bit smelly!

Ye 3 month guarentee from dealer. One lady owner used as shop run only. Looks pristine. Will bring it back just thought it might be something simple

..it probably is something simple..........like the old lady's cat....

Mrs Tap had a 96 megane hatchback for a few months and I always got a smell from it ... almost like cat's p!ss, and it was defo coming from engine (worse when you switched on the vents). Someone I knew with a bit of knowledge of cars suggested it was something to do with the catalytic converter.

Either way, the car had one damn problem after the next (all fairly serious), so she ended up getting rid of it.