Smarttelecom - duplication of phone call charges

justsally

Just happened to check my latest monthly statement from Smart. I notice that calls made by us around the 15th Ocober have all been duplicated on the bill, i.e. same date, duration time and cost. I've been in touch with Smart who tell me that they've received a number of similar complaints. They are checking it out and will resolve the matter. I don't know if all bills will be corrected or only those of consumers who drew Smarts' attention to their bills. Have you checked your Smart bill?

That happened me before with Smart.I only noticed when I received a bill which was in credit.I found them very good to deal with.

I rang Smarttelecom and they said they would ring me back - to save me the cost of a further phone call. I also sent them an e-mail. I received a reply to my e-mail to-day, apologising for the error and advising me that my account will be amended and duly credited. All's well that ends.......and all that I wouldn't have noticed the overcharge had I not had a detailed paper statement of calls as I tend not to check my online account.