Smartphone Deals

danole

Any Smartphone deals out there at the mo'?! Called into O2 t'other day. Offered a Samsung Galaxy S+ (free-silver upgrade) & a 35 Euro a month price plan.Didn't much like the look of the plan.Any other offers out there?! Thanks!

Find a deal that gives you a decent internet allowance.The o2 price plan you mention gives 150 mb included which,on a smartphone,you could easily use in 2-3 days.
Does Three have a good signal in your area?
I pay 40 a month for 350 minutes,practically unlimited internet and an add-on freebie.(with Three)

Last edited:
I got a Nokia N8 from Emobile recently. 130.00 up front and then 14 bucks a month for 100 mins and 100 texts, plus free IRL landline calls.

I see three have a Samsung galaxy s2 for free on 24 month 40 euro contract

That's at least €960
I don't ever remember paying that much on my mobile phone.

That was the logic that went through my head a few weeks ago when I got my 'upgrade'. I ended up not upgrading but instead went for a cheapo monthly contract and bought new thick battery to give my phone a new lease of life.

That's at least €960
I don't ever remember paying that much on my mobile phone.

So what data plan are you on and how much are you paying per month?

Unless you provide those details (and you are actually using a smartphone), then the above is irrelevant and of no help to the OP.
Leo

That DOES seem a lot when put like that! Might just stick with my C902.......

So what data plan are you on and how much are you paying per month?

Unless you provide those details (and you are actually using a smartphone), then the above is irrelevant and of no help to the OP.
Leo

I'm on O2 Simplicity 150 & 250MB Data for €20/month ex VAT. It is a 30 day contract. (My last bill was €16?) Anyway, it is far cheaper than what I was on.

The simplicity plans seem to have changed on the O2 website.

Yes, I have a smart phone.

I'm on O2 Simplicity 150 & 250MB Data for €20/month ex VAT. It is a 30 day contract. (My last bill was €16?) Anyway, it is far cheaper than what I was on.

So you paid €36 in total that month?

The €20 Simplicity plan is limited to 150Mb data, 150 texts and 150 minutes. The Three plan has 'unlimited data' and 350 units (where a unit is a minute or 2 texts), free Three to Three calls and another add-on of choice from options such as unlimited ROI landline calls, 150 minutes off-peak calls to other networks and ROI landlines or reduced rates to Europe, the US, or Australia. So it's not fair to compare those two plans.

It's a mine field out there, you really need to be sure that you are comparing like with like. If you're a heavy smartphone user, you will pay heavily for data charges once you exceed any limits set by the plan.

So you paid €36 in total that month?

No, only paid €16. I'm not sure why it was only €16.

The point I'm trying to make is I can't see how anyone can say there are any 'deals' or 'bargains' for smart phones when people are tied into long contracts and are paying over €1000 (when VAT, a bit of roaming etc... are added in)

How are these phones subsidised?

I agree it is difficult to compare plans. Deliberately so I would guess. I put them all into a spreadsheet and found that there were no 'bargains'.

No, only paid €16. I'm not sure why it was only €16.

I put them all into a spreadsheet and found that there were no 'bargains'.

€16 is as close as you'll get to a bargain

Good idea on the spreadsheet. If anyone on the hunt for a good plan does this and has access to their usage details from the previous few months, they should be able to work out the most suitable plan.