Smart Telecom or Eircom

Cyrstal

I have just connected to Eircom and have a new landline.

I was thinking of moving to Smart Telecom as a number of people I know have Smart Telecom accounts and I was wondering should I move too as it is free between Smart Telecom customers.

Has anyone tried it? Is it cheaper? I'm just a bit concerned about moving as I don't know how they make a profit when calls between ST customers are free(unless you go over 59 minutes)

you could get ST with braodband for 35 euro a month. For the 35 euro you get line rental free. Line rental on eircom alone is about 22 a month. I'd go for that. But ST broadband is only available in a few areas yet.

Oh, I was just talking about the landline side of things for the use of a phone. Plus unfortunately ST BB is not available in my area yet :-(

Havnt checked the prices for a while now but I think Smart are cheaper than Eircom on line rental and call charges? Go with who ever looks the best deal....

From a phone call perspective your choice will really centre around you call profile ie, when you make them, local or national, evening or daytime etc. Personally we use UTV talk as its free from 59 minutes to all line (local and national and UK) once you call is made after 6pm in the evening on weekdays and all weekend. BUT ST might be the better choice for me if my calling profile was cheaper. ESAT BT are also another company to consider in your choice.

Is it factually true that calls between ST users are free . SO if all our close family, say four or five house holds all switch we can all talk all the time (< 59 minutes) for free?