Smart Telecom: combined line rental and broadband

tomthumb

Just got a call from home to say Smart Telecom calling later re combined line rental and broadband for about 35 euro a month which is considerably cheaper than my current eircom/ntl bills. Read before that the phone costs are similar so anyone anything negative to add before I get too excited? Seems few areas are chosen yet so anyones experience of dealing with them most appreicated.Thanks

Re: Smart?

Where are you based Tom? I'm still waiting for Smart to get enabled on the Kimmage exchange.
Leo

Re: Smart?

Thanks for that Tiger- good to know. I'm just up the road from you Leo, near Templeville? Seems a good bit of interest around here anyway, though they were supposed to have called an hour ago!!!

From Dec 15 to Jan 15, smart have bumped up to 6mb download and 512 upload. Its lightning fast at the moment. Hopefully they will keep it like this. Best service in Dublin.

thanks folks, sounds great but still waiting for their call! Bit disappointing cos I am really keen but they don't seem so keen in getting my business!

you will lose your current phone number , otherwise its a stonking deal for €35.

same with Magnet if you go to them for ADSL + TV + Line Rental for €70 a month . Eircoms number porting system broke the day Smart launched at €35 a month and Comreg cannot seem to make them fix it.

mmm may not be a bad thing to lose our current number - at least we could give the new one to only those we like to hear from!! So Eircom's monopoly nearing an end?

can you still use Telestunt with Smart? Do they have a talktime like package or do you have to pay for every individual call with a minimum call charge - this would rack up the bill a lot

You may indeed use telestunt but I have no idea what the Smart tariffs are to any of 1520 1530 0818 and 1890 numbers so if you find out tell us please , make sure you get them in writing .