Smart Telecom Bill

MBoyle

I was using Smart until they went bust in October and left us with no phone connection whatsoever. Since then I've been recieving a bill from them, which I have so far refused to pay, but the last one threatened sending out the debt-collectors.

What are my rights? Do I have to pay this bill even though they stopped my service without any notice whatsoever? Its only for around 30Euro but I don't think I should pay it...

What should I do? Anyone else out there in the same situation?

Cheers, J

Hi Jupiter -
Was in the same boat as you, I continued getting a bill for the last 2 weeks or so of service they gave us.. Eventaully settled when a letter from a debt collector arrived- TBH don't need the additional hassle...

Yeah, I kinda feel like that too - its not worth a lot of hassle, but I also think it was their fault we were left without telephone service for so long so they should compensate us - at least by dropping the last part of the bill. Am tempted to leave it to see what happens, but maybe I'm mad to!

IU rang smart continously about the bill I recieved over the months I had huge objections to paying it... but to be honest - after a while I got fed up...!

Back