Small wall mounted speakers

jack24

Hi,

Complete audio ignoramus here, I wonder if anyone could help. I am building an extension and got the electrician to throw some speaker cable into the upper corner of the room. I am looking to get a couple of wall mounted small speakers to connect back to a regular mini stereo (Sony CD/Radio €150 cheapo thingie). I don't want to spend loads but just need some advice as to where to source these (have tried a search on www.avforums.co.uk but it all seems too high spec). Anyone any ideas, or should I just nip into Peats and have done?

Thanks

Jack

Firstly, you should check if your cheap Sony system supports standard speaker connections. Some of the cheaper units have proprietary connections.

In terms of speakers, you can get some small ones from the likes of JPW and (going up in quality) Monitor Audio or Mission among others which are quite good.

Given the price point, you are probably better off going into Peats and seeing what's on offer - I doubt you'll save much buying on the Net given the delivery cost to Ireland.

Update: Richer Sounds in Belfast are selling a pair of [broken link removed] at £50. Might be worth a trip up North? Actually, the shop beside the original richers Sounds on the Quays is still affiliated with them - it's a DJ shop called X-Music or something. They can probably get Richer Sounds stuff without the trip to the North. Worth asking.