Small trading co, bank condition- accounts are "signed off" by practising accountant?

Importer

We have a small trading company which has gone from strength to strength in recent times.

From an accounting background myself, I prepare all the accounts, CRO returns, tax returns and take care of all other compliance issues.

We have recently applied for a bank loan which has been approved subject to "conditions".

One of the conditions is that a practising accountant should sign off on our accounts for the past two years. The bank has been fairly vague with regard to what "sign off" means. They dont require a full audit but rather an indication from an accountant that they have looked at our books and are willing to offer an opinion that our accounts are a true reflection of the financial position of the company at the balance sheet date.

We are inclined to resist this condition based on likely cost involved, however I might be wrong on this so id like to throw it out to the practising accountants out there.

What are you likely to charge for this ?