small ltd co needs new pc/printer - what is most tax/VAT efficient way to purchase

Galwaygirl

hi, have searched posts & google but can't find information I need. My husband is director of ltd company and work requires use of PC /printer. u
Until now he has used our existing family pc but this has now died and he has to replace it ASAP. I have no idea what the most tax/VAT efficient way of buying a new PC (and high speed printer) is -whether using company cheque or own account cheque and reimburse from company. I would appreciate any advice. I would imagine the PC would have some small domestic usage (eg storage of pictures, printing and occasional net surfing) but will be primarily business usage (netbook for most casual non business usage).
many thanks!

Under normal circumstances, it would be better to pay for the equipment directly from the company's bank account.

If the company is registered for vat, you can reclaim the vat portion on your next vat return.

If the personal usage element is incidental to the business usage I wouldnt worry too much about accounting for that.

Thanks Importer! did the deed today with the company chequebook. The company is VAt registered so will sort that out on the return. Now just have to try and hook the thing up and transfer all the files etc!

Back