Small heat pad needed

justsally

Hi

I need to get a small (hand held size) pad which can be heated in the microwave. The pads are usually filled with seeds which can be heated. They are used for pain relief and/or inflamatory conditions. Hope I'm making myself understood: Anyone know where I might buy one.

Thanks

Hi
These are for sale in many pharmacies, I think you should find one quite easily. Fannin's Health Care (if you're in Dublin) would definitely have these I would imagine, if you are unable to source locally,
Nicola

We have one but have never used it. I have heard people complain that they smell or cause the microwave to smell.

Would have to say after I bought it I felt there would be something unhygienic about the whole thing and decided not to bother with it unless necessity called. They were relatively cheap at the time as Dunnes were selling them some time ago.

A little tip for you...you can make your own. I have an inflammatory arthritis condition and I use heat pads a lot. Just get a pop sock and fill it (to whatever size) with dried rice. Tie it off and bung in the microwave and heat for, say, 1 minute (depending on the wattage of your microwave). You will get used to how long it takes to heat up.

They are great and can be used over and over again. Dont let the rice get wet though as otherwise you might as well go out and buy yourself a curry to go with it!

Well, I checked with a few pharmacies this morning, and whilst some do stock hot/cold pads, they have to be placed in boiling water - a tad too messy for me.

Wow, the rice in the pop sock routine.:D. I've now tried it and it works a treat, quick and convenient. Great idea. 40 seconds in the microwave and hey presto - and no smell.

Thanks again for all the helpful replies.

Back