small gift for a bunch of friends

Blossy

hi all,

Any suggestions on a small gift/gifts for about 5 (girl)friends that have been really good to me and there for me thru a bad patch, i cant afford taking them for a meal or treating them on a nite out, but thinking of getting them around for a real girlies slumber party, but would like to give them each something small!!??

Any ideas??

You don't say what your budget is, but here are a few suggestions:

A small make-up bag each with a couple of items such as nail polish, lipstick (if you know the colours they'd each prefer), nail files (cost would vary depending on what you choose)

Bath bombs from Lush (around €5 each)

Photo frame - Easons, Arnotts and Past Times do lovely ranges that aren't all that expensive (if you have a group photo of all the friends you could maybe pop that in too)

An accessory of some sort chosen for each individual (such as a really nice hairslide or scrunchy for those with long hair, some inexpensive earrings, a scarf)

An idea for gift-wrapping that I find cheap but effective (makes even the cheapest gift look special!) is to buy some sheets of plastic tissue wrap (M&S sometimes do it, Clerys and Easons generally have it) and tissue paper. Lay a sheet of tissue paper on top of the sheet of plastic, place the gift in the middle, scrunch the wrap around it, and tie it with gift ribbon. This could also cut costs on the make-up bag idea, if you just wrap the items like this instead.

Hope some of these ideas help.

Lastly, glad to hear that you had your friends around you during that bad patch - where would we be without them?

what about personalising a card with a message about what their support meant to you and how you appreciated them as friends... if I was them, that would mean a lot more to me than any kind of gift.

thinking of getting them around for a real girlies slumber party

What about getting a beautician around and treat them all to a manicure/pedicure.

Though, if they know you are straped, they will be happy with a heartfelt thanks!

Really, gifts are not necessary between true girlfriends. But if you really want to... a nice meal like Scotgirls suggested, or a framed picture of the gang together.

Another thing I just thought of: Debenhams do these things called pocket gardens. It's basically a garden in a foil packet, but the packets all have messages on the front - including thank you. I paid €7.75 for each one I bought a couple of months ago.

Of course, as stated here already, your friends really won't expect a gift, but I can understand that you want to make some small gesture. Hope some of the tips on here help you.

I think the present that will best say thank you the way you want to is something you have made for them yourself. The sort of gift that you would have made for another girl in school. So personal cards, self-made jewellery, food gifts, painted glass, etc. You are inviting them over for a party? Make some really nice food treats. Set the table extravagantly and present the room beautifully. Have a small gift (such as a friendship bracelet - remember those?) on each plate and another on each pillow if they are staying overnight with you (say a chocolate in a box) and then something in a handmade bag when they are leaving.

Back