Small Garden Design

M

mickeyg

I have a house in D6 with a really small concrete back garden. I was watching a programme on BBC (I think) the other night where a small garden was transformed into a really cool area. I would like to do something similar and was wondering if anyone could recommend a company for this sort of work.

Hi Mickey

I am sorry I don't know a company but the programme was probably "The City Gardener" on Channel 4 on Tuesday.

I have a really small concrete backyard too. It's northfacing and now new houses have been built looking into it and I can't raise the wall or I'll have no light altogether. When I bought the house I had no interest in gardening but I'd love to have a proper garden space now to experiment in. Am hoping the programme will cover something that will help me too. If you pick up any tips, would love to hear them :)

Rebecca

snall garden

One good idea that works to give you extra privacy in overlooked garden

Place garden trellice about 12 to 18 inches (or more as required) above level of wall. Nail on a strip of timber to attach to.
Sow in a tub if necessary, a nice clematis and cut back each Winter. It will take very little light from the garden.
Clematis like strong cuttingback. Hope this helps
Willow

Back