Small Damp patch at back door

LFC Murphy

Hello,

Maybe this is nothing, concidering the amount of rain falling even as I type this, but I moved into a brand new house recently and was tiling the kitchen over the past few nites. last nite I was doing the cuts for the 'problem' edges, namely the double doors and found two small damp patches at either end.

Is this nothing or could it lead to something more serious?

Thanks

I had exactly the same problem back in the Spring when I was getting my house signed over. There was a damp patch at the patio door and at the back door.

It could just be the house drying out or something more serious. ie. water ingress into the wall seaping down to the damp patch at the bottom. Or the door was not sealed properly.

I noted both on the snag list and the foreman assured me it was just a consequence of the drying out process. I was very sceptical at the time and from what I could remember, I *think* the only way of determining if it was one of the problems listed above was through destructive testing. So I decided to leave well enough alone and come back to the builders if it remained a problem.

Both spots dried up within 2 months of moving in.

My suggestion would be seek the advice of someone that would be knowledgeable on the subject if possible. Otherwise, just wait it out - if it is a result of either of the problems I've mentioned, you can pursue the builder to rectify.