Small Company Directors and Accountancy Experience

widebody

Evening everyone,

This probably should be in the Careers section but its not training as such, just a bit of background info is required.

I've been a company director for many years and would do my own payroll, tax returns, accounts etc, with an accountancy firm signing off and so on. Nothing too detailed, I've no accountancy qualification.

It's been suggested to me that many company directors have a good accountancy understanding, but have never gone about getting the paperwork to back it up. In the current uncertainty, any extra paperwork might come in handy if push came to shove.

Are there any suggestions out there on the best path to take to back-up and 'certify' accounting experience? From my research so far, becoming an Accountancy Technician and then maybe a Chartered Accountant seem to be the best ways to go, but they're quite big individual steps. Are there any steps in between one could take, with each step exempted from the next step so to speak? But still having the ability to stop at any step along the way and still hold a valid qualification.

Sorry for the waffling!

Perhaps look into doing the Tax Technician course with the Irish Taxation Institute? You would complete it in under a year, with part-time study attendance, and it gives a good background understanding as well as the paper qualification.

Perhaps look into doing the Tax Technician course with the Irish Taxation Institute? You would complete it in under a year, with part-time study attendance, and it gives a good background understanding as well as the paper qualification.

i did this, its an excellent course