Small Claims Court

bond-007

I lodged a claim online against a company based in Dublin with the court in October and to date no defence has been filed with the court, the Dublin Metropolitan district court in this case. I would have thought that at this stage I would have been granted a default judgement in the absence of a defence?

How do I proceed from here? Can I have any papers sent to me or do I have to attend the office personally as I am located down the country?

Thanks

Have you already read the CitizensInformation page on this?
The respondent does not reply to the claim

The respondent has 15 calendar days to reply to the claim. Where there is no reply by the respondent, he/she is then held to have admitted the claim. The procedure is the same as if he/she had consented to judgement. The claimant swears an Affidavit of Debt and makes a request for Judgement and Decree. The Registrar will assist the claimant in this procedure. The Registrar will notify the respondent of the Judgement. The Respondent has 28 calendar days to comply with the judgement.

All well and good, but the registrar is not interested and keeps wanting to allow the company more time to respond to the complaint.

Back