Small business accounting

hollyblue

Just a quick question! I have a (very) small business and have registered as a sole trader and all that jazz. I have a question about paying for materials. I buy my materials via PayPal and this is linked to my own credit card. I usually get receipts with the materials when received. I want to use funds from my bank account to be reimbursed for the materials. Is it ok to transfer money from my business account to my personal account, which I will then use to pay my credit card online? Or do I need to go to the bank, withdraw the cash and pay the credit card that way? Bearing in mind, the costs for materials are not the only charges that will appear on the credit card.
Thanks for any help!

Once you can keep a proper paper trail to explain your money moving you will be ok.
It doesn't matter how you move the money provided it is tracable and legitimate.

I agree with @itsallwrong.

As you are not a company, this mixing around can be awkward and your main risk is
not keeping the paperwork as was mentioned.

Why not a company structure btw?

Or ring fence credit card for all business expenses? It will act as a record itself then.

Back