Slow Quicklodge

lenovoguy

Hi all

I lodged 280 euros into my AIB current account using their "quicklodge" system at 2 this afternoon and it still hasn't shown up in my account. Normally with this branch I go to for this its there within an hour or 90 minutes. I am expecting it now to show up tomorrow. Is it normal for this to occur or does it sound like a problem has occurred?

Thanks

Eric

It sounds like you are being over anxious. I wouldn't expect it to show up until tomorrow, despite your past experience.

i use this service with a few banks and it always goes in that day. having said that i could post it in the box at 10am and it won't go into the account until 4pm or so. let us know how you get on. i would be annoyed if it didn't go in that day. you posted your lodgement a good while before closing.

I don't know if it is the same in all banks but I know that some banks have to manually do these at 5pm.

If it has still not appeared in the morning I'd suggest you go directly to the branch you lodged it in along with the reference slip from the envelope.

Unfortunately another high street bank let me down a while back when they took my cheque lodgement (made by quicklodge) and credited it to another person's account. It took 3 working days to get it returned. Needless to say I won't ever trust this system again.