Slovenia

wonko

Planning a trip to Slovenia; week in lake Bled and a week on the coast. Just wondering has anyone been there? Any specific advice?

Doing same thing in June myself - Lake Bled followed by Portoroz - from research here and other websites sounds beautiful.

Roy

One thing I can't get a handle on is what weather to expect in late may in Bled, wonder if anyone has experience of this

I think weather should be good.
My daughter was there a few yrs back in early June & thought the country really beautiful. She stayed near the lakes.
Also found it much cheaper than France & Italy - she was a student inter-railing & really cost conscious.
Enjoy

I'm assuming it should be good end of June early July when I'm there [broken link removed]

PS. when you are booking hotels on the Lake the have options to get a room overlooking the lake which might be the thing to do for extar brownie points.

Roy

did that exact trip sept 2004, bled has to be one of the most beautiful places in the world, it is fantastic. the coast is nice, very resort like. not sure what the weather will be like in may but in sept it was hot enough in Bled about 23degrees,

enjoy!!

check out www.hotelibled.com
hotel jadran is really old fashioned but beautiful and you can use the facilities of the 5 star hotel.u can get a room with a balcony overlooking the lake.go to the toplice at night and sit in the piano bar overlooknig the lake it is fantastic. also check out the gorge and castle on the hill.and the caves in potsdum or something

don't rule out lake bohinj! Get the cable car up to the ski resort - great views from up there. Even more spectacular when you paraglide down!

Package holiday with Concorde. We used them a few years back and had a fantastic holiday in Croatia.

We're flying to Trieste with Adria Air. Counting the days.

Hope its not as rainy as people are hinting at but at least its better than work.

Am heading to Slovenia in July as part of my honeymoon. We're flying from London to Ljubljana with Easyjet.
Can you let us know how you get on and names of any good places to visit? Enjoy the trip.
OJ

Bit of a disaster; the travel agents rung me today to say that the airline will not be flying to trieste on our departure date. Bottom line is that they cannot fulfill our booking.

They can do it a week later which doesn't suit us or they can take us to another destination. we had our hearts set on Slovenia though. Or our money back.

Question really is what sort of bargaining position do you think we should be in to say ok we'll go elsewhere but you gotta upgrade our hotels etc?

It has been posted to avoid concorde at all costs, and it's not far fromt he truth.

However you can travel independently and pick up bargains on the way. Fly with BA or Easyjet and once you land you can pick up accomodation along the way, it's cheap, fun and right now there's a lot on offer, plus the locals (I can vouch for Croatia) will be delighted to see "Western" tourists!

Have to say in Concorde's defence; we used before and found them excellent. Mrs Wonko got nto them and they were very helpful and we have come to an arrangement which is probably better than our original plan. Lets home I have not spoken too soon.

Off tomorrow, cannot wait. However my enthusiasm was dampened by wunderground weather site.

They are saying that its max of 9 degrees during the day and min of zero. Please please tell me that this site is very dodgy.

Thats like Cork in December rather than the med in June.

if you are heading from Bled to the coast don't miss the caves in postojna

www.postojnska-jama.si/

ontour, thank you so much for that! I'd only been there the once (2003) and had pretty much forgotten about them! I must admit to having a better appreciation for Slovenian sights, some of them are spectacular, including Bled and the face in the mountain side!

can anyone recommend a hotel in Piran or Portoroz for family with two boys 13 and 10 yrs

Back