Slovenia v Croatia

onway

Trying to decide where to go for holidays - thinking of Croatia or Slovenia.Has anyone got any advice on these??Also, would they be very warm in August??

Having been to both I would plump for Croatia. Beautiful historic cities, beaches and the sea. Croation coast is much less touristy than much of the rest of the Med. If you sail it is fantastic. Great cities such as Dubrovnik. You can hop across the border to BiH to see Sarajevo and Mostar (worth a visit if you have a chance)

have been to dubrovnik. we hired a driver and he took us to Medujori and Mostar. it was a great trip but long - from around 7am to 11pm. cost was about €100 for 4 of us. beautiful coast roads. well worth a visit - but not to good if you are interested in shopping.

I have been to both as well. If you want to save money, go to Slovenia. Montenegro would also be a good choice, it's really cheap, it's hot, safe and beautiful

Slovenia has a much smaller coastline. Piran is lovely. Visit the caves in Slovenia.

Very small coastline in Slovenia but beautiful , Piran is a beautiful town as already pointed out.
Lake Bled is a wonderful place as well.
Ljubiana , the capital , had great restaurants and bars.

I have been to both and felt Slovenia has a lovely old style charm as said Piran nice beach area but Lake Bled is lovely scenery is fab so if you were into walking and the outdoors Slovenia would be lovely. Croatia is warmer and has a lovely coast line and if you were into boating or sailing or any water sports Croatia would be better and Dubrovnic is a lovely city

I've also been to both and travelled around each country.
Its hard to recommend one over another - it depends on what you're looking for: -

Slovenia is beautiful in terms of culture, scenery and walking. It is quite mountainous so bring a good pair of boots! We were there in August and the weather was very mixed - thunder, mist etc. The beaches were really disappointing as were some of the beaches we visited in the north of Croatia. Piran is a nice port but after about 2 days it was time to move on. The capital. Ljubljana is well worth a day trip also.

Croatia is much warmer (there in July). We were based in Dubrovnik which is amazing. Very historic and great for island-hopping and watersports. Its well work visiting Medjugorje, Mostar and Montenegro.

Enjoy but...
Avoid - beaches(!) in Slovenia/North Croatia.

Would highly recommend Croatia, in particular Dubrovnik. Beautiful place.

Went to Montenegro. Wouldn't go near the place again. People not that friendly.

It's gonna be very hot in August and very busy. I have spent a week in Croatia, near Pula, lovely place, nice people, great value off season. Coast very nice. Great campsites all on the very edge of the water. I flitted into Slovenia but will return for lakes and mountains. Slim