Sliver Springs Moran - Cork

Parents stayed there the last couple of times they were in Cork - no complaints, not outstanding but for the price they paid they were more than happy.

I always stay in Silversprings when I'm in Cork. I find it very easy to get to when travelling from the South East & has free parking.
As NorfBank says, it isn't fabulous but I like it. Very handy for shopping trips to Mahon Point & taxi's are cheap enough to get into town!

Thanks for the replies - we got a good deal so aren't expecting the earth but don't want a dive either.

Its good to hear some positive reports - thanks for taking the time to post

Stayed here last Oct, really good deal. Rooms were really nice, dinner and breakfast were great. The only complaint is that the leisure centre is not directly connected to the hotel - it's a bit of a walk uphill and facilities were a bit dated. Overall, I'd had no problem recommending this hotel and if the weather is nice, the walk into the city by the river is lovely.

The food is good and bar / lounge area is very nice, and I've had some nice treatments in the beauticians upstairs at the leisure centre. They have a creche attached to the leisure centre if you need it and I think they have a kids club too, but it's not one of those hotels that's full of screaming kids running around the place.

Rooms are a little dated but warm, clean and comfy and staff are friendly and helpful.

It's is a bit of a stroll into town but there are buses and taxi if you don't want to take the car.

Enjoy!

I used to stay there regularly about 5 years ago, but would go along with the comments above. You'll get plusher hotels but I would go back to the Silversprings. The food is good but my biggest recomendation would be due to the Staff. They are the most helpful friendly bunch of people I have found in any hotel anywhere, couldn't do enough for you. Or that was the case 5 years ago anyway

If you are staying at the weekend, more than likely there will be a wedding on. Whatever you do dont be put in a room on the same floor as the leisure centre where they have the weddings, from memory I think its the third floor. Anyone that will be at the wedding will have to walk past your room at all ours of the morning, tanked up and raring to go. We were put into one of these rooms with a small child and didn't get a wink of sleep one Saturday night.