Slightly stretching the DIY thing (Renault Megane Heater)

Just the One

I have a Renault Megane and the heater has decided to stop working.
I have checked the fuse and it is fine. Anyone got any ideas as to what could cause this.... I can get cold air alright and cold air when it is turned up to heat... also I get luke warm air from it the very odd time.

I had a similar problem a few years ago with a different type of car.

The problem was that thermostat in the cooling system was stuck open. The thermostat is the device which, when the engine is cold, remains closed and prevents that water that has just been heated up by the engine, from going straight back into the radiator, with the rest of the freezing water. It's like trying to boil a kettle on a candle.

It was during a cold spell and the car was noticiably heavier on juice.

Easy repair and didn't cost much.

Murt

Why has this thread been moved? it is DIY... I want to fix it myself.... does that not come under the trade descriptions act of DIY

Just the One said:
Why has this thread been moved? it is DIY... I want to fix it myself.... does that not come under the trade descriptions act of DIY
We don't have a DIY forum. We have a 'Homes and Gardens [Home/garden improvements, maintenance, DIY etc.]' and a 'Car related issues' forum. By any stretch of the imagination, this is more suited to the car forum and more likely to get an appropriate answer in the car forum.

Back