Sliding Door Dog Flap Insert

J

julienne

Hi All

I live in rented accommodation in which I am allowed to have a dog. I would love to install a doggy door for her to run in and through but obviously very difficult with double glazed sliding doors. I don't think the landlady would allow me install a flab on the current door however I saw a fantastic idea in america online. Basically it allows you to clip on an insert which has the double glazed windows and dog flap at the bottom. Obviously it shortens the width of the opening. They are $100 in USA and very popular but Id say shipping will be expensive due to the fact that they are half metal and delicate. Does anyone know can they be sourced in europe or even Ireland. Much appreciated

Ps this is the website if you are finding it hard to picture my description
http://www.moorepet.com/Patio-Pet-Doors-s/22.htm

Julienne haven't seen these before and I would also be interested!

Maybe there's a market for an irish distributor!

yeah thats what I was thinking-a few family and friends might also be interested. Img going to approach a pet store down at the 4courts in Dublin and see whether they would be interested in bulk ordering.

hiya, just wondering did you ever follow up on this as Im just about to order one from the US?

hiya, just wondering did you ever follow up on this as Im just about to order one from the US?

No need to.

J. Just gave me a key to the door.

Much easier......... but I have a bit of a problem with the keys on the alarm panel

Rgds

Olddog

One wonders how you would use a key without opposable thumbs?

I would be really interested to hear from anyone who has purchased one? Does it work well, are there gaps with wind whistling through? Was the purchase and delivery straight forward? Are there any suppliers of the product in Ireland or even the UK where maybe you could see the product in action?

Sorry for all the questions but in theory it seems to be a great idea, but I wonder does it work as well in practice.