Slatterys tour to Vietnam, Cambodia & Singapore

Perplexed

Did anyone on here ever take this trip ? Have done lots of tours but I've never gone with Slatterys before.

They only have one trip & it leaves on Oct 20th. Anyone been in Vietnam/Cambodia this time of year ?

Would love any feedback. It's expensive but seems fairly comprehensive.

I went on this tour 3 years agao and really enjoyed it. i have gone on a few others organised by Slattery's and always found them excellent. You have a Tour Leader from Ireland with you but at each place you go to you have a local guide to give local history and insight. the temples in Cambodia are really amazing.

I woud have no hesitaion on going on their tours. I have gone on them on my own. The majority of the people on the tours tend to be that bit older - a lot of retired people but you do get a mixture of ages and always found some around my own age (am in my 40s).

Thanks so much for that Sue. You seem to be answering all my queries recently. We might meet up one of these years on a trip ! We seem to have an interest in the same places.

Was your trip also in October ? Did you have any of the monsoons ? My daughter has travelled this area and assures me I'll love it but she thought the monsoons didn't end until November.

I've also been looking at Cuba for a short trip with them. Were you on this one ?

My previous tours were with Insight & Tragalgar & also Kirra in NZ all of which were excellent. I've had no problem being solo with them, in fact I've made friends from all over the world and I've found that age doesn't make a difference. One Canadian lady who's 30yrs older than me I'm still in touch with - I hope I have half of her get up & go when I'm hitting 80 !

I hope I'll be able to help you out with your travel queries.

yes it was the one in november that I went on and weather was good while I was there. Some days were a bit overcast but it was still very warm.

i am actually thinking of doing a trip to cuba this year and am trying to decide between one offered by Slattery's and one by the Travel department

This time of the years is probably the best time to go. However I am amazed people simply dont put together their own itinery themselves as it will save you a fortune. You can call trailfinders (google them) to put together your flights and organise everything else from the web. Its far easier than you think. When you are in any of these places all sightseeing tours can be booked locally in minutes when on the ground. It gives you far more freedom and people of all ages do this way, not to mention of what it will save you..

Make sure you go to Hanoi and Halang bay. KL in Malaysia is far more worth a visit than Singapore which I would skip as it's a bland and boring city.

Thanks for the info Ceatharlach.
It's a matter of choice really with me. I often travel as you describe & go on trips in the area. I've used Trailfinders for 2 trips down under as well as South America so I do my own thing when it suits.
Backpackers often travel alone and make lots of friends in hostels etc. I like my standard of comfort to be a bit higher than a hostel though and in fact to book the standard of hotels + tours can often work out more expensive than the all in tour. Hotel guests don't tend to hang around together like those in hostels so it's kinda nice to have company some of the time.
I also like the information given by the tour guide & local guides. Time is of the essence with me. If you have only 23days hols a year every day counts!
I've been to Bangkok & Kuala Lumpur already so thought Singapore would make a nice change. I've heard it's boring but 2nts isn't very long ...........besides I have a friend there & I want to visit Raffles !
Hanoi & Halong Bay are both on the itinerary & looking forward to seeing both..
To each his own I guess.
Happy holidays !