Slane 2009 ?

Red

Any truth in rumour that Oasis are to play Slane in 2009 ??
Who would people most like to see play Slane?

You dont think AC/DC could pull that off? I thought they'd be well able - did you see the North American tour dates? I wish they'd hurry up and give us the European dates.

edit: just looked on line - the venues in the US are around the 20,000 mark - so maybe you're right, they couldnt do Slane on their own.

Speaking of great bands, did anyone else here get Judas Priest/Megadeth/Testament tickets? I'm really looking forward to that one.

Still in two minds about that one Cahir - was talking to a buddy in work about it yesterday - i'll probably end up going but it won't be for Judas Priest.

I've seen Priest live twice. The first time they were brilliant but the second time wasn't as good. The ticket prices are actually reasonable for this too!

Yeah i saw that - 52e or so - thats good value - i'd only be there for Megadeth i though i think. Testament, did they have a live at Eindhoven album? Must google that.

edit: (sorry) yup, they sure did - its a collectors item apparently - i think i had that on cassette many moons ago.

very few acts these days can sell 80k tickets. Oasis not a chance.

Ac/Dc, Springsteen, U2, Paul McCartney and have that i don't think too many more would.

Perhaps a reformed Pink Floyd or Led Zepplin ??

Only 2 gigs sold out this summer, Springsteen ( 120k in total ) and Lenord Cohan ( 24k i believe )

After that you could get tickets to any major gig on the day of it.

A combination of acts could fill it..........
The Killers + Snow Patrol or Cold Play.
I live in hope

On the radio this morning - they're going to announce Slane 09 tomorrow and the band themselves will announce it from Slane. Just checked the AC/DC website - they've announced European dates but nothing yet in the UK or IRL. Maybe its going to be them???? 3 bands were mentioned - U2, Oasis (god help us) and AC/DC. Fingers crossed....

Jock ya beauty!!!

AC/DC's widely-anticipated Black Ice European Tour kicks off this February arriving at The O2, Dublin, Saturday 18 April 2009.

Tickets will go on sale Friday 17 October at 09:00.

Jock ya beauty!!!

AC/DC's widely-anticipated Black Ice European Tour kicks off this February arriving at The O2, Dublin, Saturday 18 April 2009.

Tickets will go on sale Friday 17 October at 09:00.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18 years on, who will be back??............

made it first time out for my best concert ever (up the front & the whole shebang). Dont think I'll make it this time though, #2 should be a recent arrival by then.