Slane 2009

Phibbleberry

Hey Guys!

Got a massive shock today when I realised that Slane is only two weeks away....I booked it so far back (good thing too, wouldn't/couldn't pay that money out now!), I'd totally forgotten!

Its years since I was last there, and have vague recollections of one being a scorcher, the other being quite the opposite.
As a refresher, if anyone has any tips or info on this year - share and share alike!

Anyone know what the story is with buses etc..? Can you BYOB?

Cheers
PB :D

If you're travelling from Dublin, there are buses available - return journey costs €20. Details here: http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Oasis-tickets/artist/766720

I haven't been to a gig in Slane Castle myself, so I don't know about their BYOB policy. From past experience at other venues, though, I doubt very much that you'll be able to bring in drinks of any sort. (I couldn't bring even a soft drink into Croke Park a few years ago).

Last time I was at Slane you couldn't bring any drink in. Large skips at the entrance full of drink such a waste. I will be bringing toilet paper - toilets are horrible after about two o clock (not as important for men) sunscreen and a lid for plastic bottles because they won't give them to you inside when you buy a bottle of mineral. This really annoys me as you have to drink it all in one go.

Back