Skype - sound or mic settings doesnt seem to work

Betsy Og

Basically its the bit when you test it and it tells you try this sample call and speak into the mic. I can never hear anything back after I've done it.

I messed around loads with it at the time but couldnt get it working. Will do again - printed off the help sheets at the time.

I know there isnt enough here to give specific advice but did anyone have that problem and overcome it??

yeah i had this problem too when I installed it recently

I did a lot of messing around so not sure exactly what I did to get it working!

I have 2 soundcards in my pc also which made it more difficult.

i had to check what device skype is using for the mike and what device windows has set as the recording device. ie mic port or line in port.
In the recording volume control you can only have one port set to record i think and the rest are muted. Ensure that you have the mic in the mic port and unmute it in the windows volume control in the down near the taskbar clock

Yep, had the same problem, messed around a bit. It was the firewall that had to be removed and I forget how I did it, although it was very simple. Hope u get it sorted.

Seem to have it working (too late to ring anyone to check to be 100% sure but the test call works !). Things I did differently:

1. When I ring the test call I'm clicking on the headset icon and selecting the skype headset I'm using, maybe this will default itself correctly from now on. (Think I was doing that before)

2. This might make me seem like a gob-dah, but when they say record a message and you'll hear your voice, I used to say a few bits and hang up. Purely by trial & error or luck I babbled away about how flippin hard it is to set it up and it beebed and played back, so I have eventually copped you were never supposed to hang up, you talk for 30 seconds and it plays that back to you. Why couldnt they have made that clear ???!!! .... or is it just me

Confirmed working, hurrah !! (nice to get it working after spending the money on the kit, at least its not a dead loss ... now whether I'll use it after the novelty factor wears off??, who knows.)