Skype phones

wigwam

Are these phones worth it? Any good ones? I think there are some skype phones that u don't need to have your pc swithched on - is that right?

Are these phones worth it? Any good ones? I think there are some skype phones that u don't need to have your pc swithched on - is that right?

Yes I have one. It's only worth it if you know people who use skype regularly. My cordless phone doubles as a skype phone and regular landline. Looks like a regular cordless and is wireless which means it doesn't need even need to be hooked up to the landline socket to make/receive skype/regular telephone calls.

Skype call quality really varies though. Generally speaking I find it slightly less good than a regular land line call. However, it really does save alot when it comes to international calls.

You can get a mouse and phone which work well if you have a lap top.

I have [broken link removed]

It works fine and is cheap.

Some lap tops have built in microphones and cameras which is best.

My son is in the Middle East and I asked him if he would use a skype phone. He informed me that it really doesn't cost him much to ring home and that we should leave it to him to ring us as opposed to us ringing him. Anyway, to date our phone bill is crazy because we are the ones that end up ringing him at a cost of approx 45 euro per call. Don't listen to the kids....buy the skype

Have you tried using a prefix such as from cheapcalls.ie? it really is very cheap.

No association other than as a happy customer.

Have you tried using a prefix such as from cheapcalls.ie? it really is very cheap.

No association other than as a happy customer.

Thanks a mill. I'm just after talking to my son for 30 minutes and according to the site, it cost me 4.50 euro. How can that be......I really don't understand how another company can butt into the line and reduce overseas calls!!

I bought the for about €110 including delivery and am very happy with it. We make all Europe landline calls (incl Ireland) for 4.50 per month. Dont have any problems with quality. We can use it to receive normal landline calls as well. There's a good selection on the [broken link removed].

Thanks a mill. I'm just after talking to my son for 30 minutes and according to the site, it cost me 4.50 euro. How can that be......I really don't understand how another company can butt into the line and reduce overseas calls!!
Try NONOH ......... to Saudi mobiles for just under 10C pm and about half that for landlines.

Try NONOH ......... to Saudi mobiles for just under 10C pm and about half that for landlines.

My son is in the U.A.E. and according to NONOH the cost is 14c per minute - just 1c cheaper than cheap calls. How come I didn't know about these sites before. Are they not actively advertising the savings to us Eircom overcharged customers?.

Again, thanks to all for the info. Very much appreciated and looking forward to a considerably reduced phone bill.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL POSTERS ON AAM.

I have one of the 3g Skype phones and I bought 4 in total and gave to my children who like in the UK.

I find them great I have chatted to them each for a couple of hours and my phone credit still remains €10. All I have to do is buy a top once a months so I have the best of both worlds.