Skype Cordless

dodo

I have read post here already but just want to know before spending cash,i use skype phone connected to PC, seen 3 cordless phones in the Skype shop , 3088 129e no PC needed, voip 841 149e PC can be off when using, and the 3058 89e, I dont mind spending the 149e if it is worth it, what would you go for, also why is my typing gone like this, thanks

Why not just buy an ATA (Analog Telephony Adaptor) and you can use any normal corded or cordless landline phone with just the router and ATA on? Do a search here (using Google if the vBulletin search acts up) for terms like VoIP, Skype, ATA, SIP etc.

I have a normal eircom cordless phone but I use smart, So do I just buy an ATA adapter ,where do I connect this adapter and buy it price etc, I really am a novice, so I could use Skype throught this phone, does this mean I can no longer use smart throught this phone not that it is an issue, I have smart because of the bb I get with them is great,

Check out other threads about ATAs. You can buy them from various retail outlets, Blueface, eBay (make sure it's unlocked and usable in Ireland). You can also get routers with iin-built ATA modules so that you can have one box offering (ADSL or cable) broadband connectivity, wired/wireless ethernet and telephony support.

As for what you do with it see [broken link removed] (US based but the general thrust is generally applicable):