Skylon Hotel Upper Drumcondra Road

Flexible

Hi heading to the above hotel tomorrow and caught for time in the morning so cant depart as early as I would wish and need to be checked in 4.30 so as I can head over to Croke Park. I dont know whether to take car ( no sat nav ) or get the train ( how far is from Hueston ) and unfortunately flying isnt an option. If I was coming from Cork what exit should I take on the M50. Any advice ?

Hi,

no sat nav required as this hotel is easy to find. Take the M50 upto the M1 Junction (ie the last roundabout at the airport end). Take M1 south (basically turn right at the roundabout.) Follow road about 1.5 miles (keep out of port tunnel)and the Skylon is on the right. You cant miss it. It would be quite difficult to get to Skylon from Hueston station unless of course you use a taxi.

thanks Steelblue, Pardon my ignorance ( I'm not familiar with Dublin ) I have been to the airport a few times, so I am heading towards the airport and coming back in to Dublin from the Northside ?

If you go to http://uk.maps.yahoo.com/broadband, type in the address for the Skylon, and where you are coming from, it will give you a map and distances etc.

thanks Steelblue, Pardon my ignorance ( I'm not familiar with Dublin ) I have been to the airport a few times, so I am heading towards the airport and coming back in to Dublin from the Northside ?

Yes

Hi

yes its marked A on map. By the way, if you are coming from the Naas direction, make sure to get in the correct lane after you pass the Bewleys/Green aisle hotels(Belgard road junction). You want to head North on the M50. When on the M50 northbound, just keep going until you end up on a roundabout. This will be A on your map.Turn right on roundabout (it is a slip road down onto the M1 towards the city). When you see port tunnel entrance, keep to the left. Then there are 2 major cross roads between you and the Skylon. It's straight all the way.

Back